Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Thomas Kinkade Cannery Row Sunset painting

Thomas Kinkade Cannery Row Sunset paintingThomas Kinkade Besides Still Waters paintingThomas Kinkade Abundant Harvest painting
and sometimes, if somebody won a heap of it playing ten-tiles, they'd offer the owner of a fine piece of jewelry a shell or two for it, usually with a good deal of laughter and what seemed to be ritual insults. Some of the pieces of jewelry were wonderful things, delicate armpieces like endless filigree, or great massive necklaces shaped like starbursts and interlocking spirals. Several times I was given one. That's when I learned to say o be k'a dde k'a. I'd wear it for a while, and pass it on. Much as I would have liked to keep it.
I finally realised that some of the pieces of jewelry were sentences, or lines of poems. Maybe they all were.
There was a village school under a nut tree. The climate is very mild and dull, it never varies, so you can live outdoors. It seemed to be all right with everybody if I sat in at school and listened. Children would gather under that tree

No comments: