Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Salvador Dali Persistence of Memory painting

Salvador Dali Persistence of Memory paintingSalvador Dali Maelstrom paintingSalvador Dali Enchanted Beach with Three Fluid Graces painting
tales and songs. Not in the reign of three kings has there been even a whisper of a unicorn seen in this country or any other. You know no more about unicorns than I do, for I've read the same books and heard the same stories, and I've never seen one either."
The first hunter was silent for a time, and the second whistled sourly to himself. Then the first said, "My great-grandmother saw a unicorn once. She used to tell me about it when I was little."
"Oh, indeed? And did she capture it with a golden bridride her unicorn, then? Bareback, under the trees, like a nymph in the early days of the world?"
"My great-grandmother was afraid of large animals," said the first hunter. "She didn't ride it, but she sat very still, and the unicorn put its head in her lap and fell asleep. My great-grandmother never moved till it woke."
"What did it look like? Pliny describes the unicorn as being le?"
"No. She didn't have one. You don't have to have a golden bridle to catch a unicorn; that part's the fairy tale. You need only to be pure of heart."
"Yes, yes." The younger man chuckled. "Did she

No comments: