Monday, August 11, 2008

Claude Monet The Riverside Path at Argenteuil painting

Claude Monet The Riverside Path at Argenteuil paintingClaude Monet The River Bennecourt paintingClaude Monet The Petite Bras of the Seine at Argenteuil painting
Frin whose dreams are mostly troubling or disagreeable say they like living in the city for the very reason that their dreams are all but lost in the "stew," as they call it. But others are upset by the constant oneiric noise and dislike spending even a few nights in a metropolis. "I hate to dream strangers' dreams!" my village informant told me. "Ugh! When I come back from staying in the city, I wish I could wash out the inside of my head!"
Even on our plane, young children often have trouble understanding that the experiences they had just before they woke up aren't "real." It must be far more bewildering for Frinthian children, into whose innocent sleep enter the sensations and preoccupations of adults—accidents relived, s renewed, rapes reenacted, wrathful conversations held with people fifty years in the grave.

No comments: