Friday, February 13, 2009

Titian Venus with Organist and Cupid

Titian Venus with Organist and CupidTitian Emperor CharlesBartolome Esteban Murillo The Little Fruit Seller
clumsily into the rocky ground and struggling up again.
But Will was there before she could find her feet, and the subtle knife was at her throat.
"Why did him! Witch, I wait all my come all this way and I find him at last, and you kill him…"
And he shook her head like a rag and threw her back against the ground, half-stunning her. Her astonishment was almost greater than her fear of him, which was real enoughyou do that?" he shouted. "Why did you kill him?""Because I loved him and he scorned me! I am a witch! I don't forgive!"And because she was a witch she wouldn't have been afraid of a boy, normally. But she was afraid of Will. This young wounded figure held more force and danger than she'd ever met in a human before, and she quailed. She fell backward, and he followed and gripped her hair with his left hand, feeling no pain, feeling only an immense and shattering despair."You don't know who he was," he cried. "He was my father!"She shook her head and whispered, "No. No! That can't be true. Impossible!""You think things have to be possible? Things have to be true! He was my father, and neither of us knew it till the second you killed

No comments: