Monday, October 6, 2008

Claude Monet The House on the River Zaan in Zaandam painting

Claude Monet The House on the River Zaan in Zaandam paintingClaude Monet The Fields of Poppies paintingClaude Monet The Corner of the Garden at Montgeron painting
today. Oh, my dear, if you could only understand. Then I could bear to part, or bear it better. I should say my heart was breaking, if I believed in broken hearts. I can’t marry you, Charles; I can’t be with you ever again.’ ‘I know.’
‘How can you know?’
‘What will you do?’
‘Just go on - alone. How can I tell what I shall do? You know the whole of me. You know I’m not one for a life of mourning. I’ve always been bad. Probably I shall be bad again, punished again. But the worse I am, the more I need God. I can’t shut myself out from his mercy. That is what it would mean; starting a life with you, without him. One can only hope to see one step ahead. But I saw today there was one thing unforgivable - like things in the school-room, so bad they were unpunishable, that only mummy could deal with

No comments: