Sunday, October 5, 2008

Bartolome Esteban Murillo The Little Fruit Seller painting

Bartolome Esteban Murillo The Little Fruit Seller paintingFilippino Lippi The Marriage of St Catherine paintingFilippino Lippi Allegory painting
lately, with the Last Trump so near.’ ‘Of course it’s a thing psychologists could explain; a preconditioning from childhood; feelings of guilt from the nonsense you were taught in the nursery. You do know at heart that it’s all bosh, don’t you?’
‘How I wish it was!’
‘Sebastian once said almost the same thing to me.’
‘He’s gone back to the Church, you know. Of course, he never left it as definitely as I did. I’ve gone too far; there’s no turning back now; I know that, if that’s what you mean by thinking it all bosh. All I can hope to do is to put my life in some sort of order in a human way, before all human order comes to an end. That’s why I want to marry you. I should like to have a child. That’s one thing I can do...Let’s go out again. The moon should be up by now.’

No comments: