Thursday, September 25, 2008

Paul Gauguin Tahitian Village painting

Paul Gauguin Tahitian Village paintingPaul Gauguin Still Life with Oranges paintingPaul Gauguin Hail Mary painting
Oh.”
“Hedonistic above all. By the way, I’ve been looking through the political and economic section. It’s very quaintly chosen, with glaring lacunae. I’ve just filled three pages in the Suggestions Book. I thought perhaps you’d care to append your signature.”
“No thanks. It’s not usual for people without library privileges to write in the Suggestions Book. Besides, I’ve no interest in economics.”
“I’ve also written a suggestion about extending the library privileges. Frank needs something to work on, that he can put before the committee.”
He brought the book to the Art bay; Charles read “That since seniority is no indication of literary taste the system of library privileges be revised to provide facilities for those genuinely desirous of using them to advantage.”
“Neatly put, I think,” said Curtis-Dunne.
“You’ll be thought frightfully above yourself, .”
“It is already generally recognized that I am above myself, but I want other signatures.”
Charles hesitated. To gain time he said, “I say, what on earth have you got on your feet? Aren’t those house shoes?”
Curtis-Dunne pointed a toe shod in shabby, soft black leather; a laced shoe

No comments: