Thursday, September 25, 2008

Camille Pissarro The Hermitage at Pontoise painting

Camille Pissarro The Hermitage at Pontoise paintingTheodore Robinson The Ship Yard paintingTheodore Robinson World's Columbian Exposition painting
the cupboard.
“I was sure you would come,” she said. “My husband is too timid. You will take us with you to America.”
“Dear madam, I have never been there.”
“To England then. We must leave this country. We are not at our ease here.”
“I am finding the utmost difficulty in getting to England myself.”
“We are respectable people. My husband is a diplomat. My father had his own factory at Budweis. Do you know Mr. Mackenzie?”
“No, I don’t think so.”
“He was a very respectable Englishman. He would explain that we come of good people. He visited often to my father’s factory. If you will find Mr. Mackenzie he will help us.”
So the conversation wore on. “If we could only find Mr. Mackenzie,” Mme. Antonic repeated, “all our troubles would be at an end.” Presently the children returned.
“I will take them to the kitchen,” said Mme. Antonic, “and give them some jam. Then they will not be a nuisance.”

No comments: