Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Howard Behrens paintings

Howard Behrens paintings
Henri Fantin-Latour paintings
Horace Vernet paintings
consider deeply. "Let's see, then:See Through Your Ladyship." She snapped her fingers. "The fluoroscope!"
I waved my hand, but she turned switches and stepped behind the ground-glass screen. Within the supple shadows of her flesh I saw dark bones and dusky organs.everything, George. It's all Yours." She turned sideways; despite my odd anguish I gazed fascinated at her innards. "I'm asserting myself," she reminded me. "Hold on: I'll use a light the way Heddy used to; You can see right through to it. Is that flunkèd enough?" There was no sarcasm in her tone, only lovingest resolve.
"Please, Anastasia!"
"I'm not anything to love," I found myself saying. "I don't even know what Iam . . ."
"This is my duodenum," she said crisply, as if lecturing, and pointed with a finger-bone. "These are my right and left kidneys here, and down here somewhere You may be able to see my ovaries. Come closer if You can't."
"Stop, Anastasia."
"I want You to see

No comments: