Monday, February 2, 2009

Joaquin Sorolla y Bastida Beaching the Boat (study)

Joaquin Sorolla y Bastida Beaching the Boat (study)Joseph Mallord William Turner Mortlake TerraceJoseph Mallord William Turner Rain, Steam and Speed - The Great Western Railway
No," she cried, jumping up beside him, and Kirjava joined Pantalaimon on the sand as boy and girl clung together desperately. "I'll do it, Will! We'll come to your world and live there! It doesn't matter if we get ill, me and Pan, we're the things we want to do, and then... it all comes to an end. Do you think I could bear to live on after you died? Oh, Lyra, I'd follow you down to the world of the dead without thinking twice about it, just like you followed , good, long, busy lives, and if we can't spend them together, we... we'll have to spend them apart."strong, I bet we last a good long time, and there are probably good doctors in your world, Dr. Malone would know! Oh, let's do that!"He was shaking his head, and she saw the brilliance of tears on his cheeks."D'you think I could bear that, Lyra?" he said. "D'you think I could live happily watching you get sick and ill and fade away and then die, while I was getting stronger and more grown-up day by day? Ten years... That's nothing. It'd pass in a flash. We'd be in our twenties. It's not that far ahead. Think of that, Lyra, you and me grown up, just preparing to do all

No comments: