Tuesday, December 16, 2008

George Frederick Watts Watts Hope painting

George Frederick Watts Watts Hope paintingAlbert Bierstadt In the Mountains paintingJohannes Vermeer The Guitar Player painting
don’t you play detective? Make inquiries.”“I did make an inquiry. Who is she?”“Ask around. That’s not a question for me to answer.”“Why isn’t it?”“Because I have to abide by the sly-slippery-seductive rule, which sometimes makes any not only all the noise on the open line but also every whisper of sound in the library, until he seemed to have gone deafer than deaf.The silence felt deep, too, as though the guardian were calling from the bottom of an oceanic trench. Deep and so cold.guardian angel a pain in the ass.”“Okay. Forget it. Am I safe tonight? Can I wait till morning to find that deep and special secret place to hide?”“First thing in the morning will be all right,” the guardian said. “But don’t waste any more time. Prepare, Aelfric. Prepare.”“Okay. And, hey, I’m sorry for what I called you.”“You mean earlier—an attorney?”“Yeah.”“I’ve been called worse.”“Really?”“Much worse.”“And I’m sorry for trying to track you back.”“What do you mean?”[311] “It seems like a sneaky thing to do to an angel. I’m sorry for star sixty-nining you.”Mysterious Caller fell silent.An indefinable quality of the silence made it different from any hush that Fric had ever heard.This was a perfect silence, for one thing, and it sucked away

No comments: