Friday, August 22, 2008

Pablo Picasso Gertrude Stein painting

Pablo Picasso Gertrude Stein paintingTamara de Lempicka Portrait of Madame paintingEric Wallis Girls at the Beach painting
It amused me the more when Chickie had got her fill of Being and would flee. No matter that I had no hands to clutch with: down the hemlock-aisles I thundered in pursuit --hunh! hunh! my breath came -- and her gauzy wrapper was briared off her up the way; I had only to stand rampant and impale her, over all that space, upon my lancing majesty. Instead I crooked her in with it, held her fast down. Somewhere distant the buckhorn blew --Tekiah! Sherbarim! Teruah! - - for me, and urgent. But I could do anything I wished, not as before because the girl was willing, but because she was altogether in my power, subject absolutely to my will.
"Oh, how you'd injure me!" my victim wept. "A goat upon a lady girl!"
"I would that," I agreed, and not to hear the buckhorn once more summoning (Tekiah! Shebarim! Teruah!), I loudly volunteered, "Don't think Ineed to do anything flunkèd!"
"How's that?"
"I say, don't think -- the truth is, it's terribly important for me to wake up right now."
"I'm only a kid," the girl pleaded. "Wait till my older sister comes along."
"I could if I cared to," I said. "The passèd thing of course would be to let you go."
Her first cry was for joy: "Oh, thank you, sir!" Her second

No comments: