Monday, July 7, 2008

Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres Virgin of the Adoption painting

Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres Virgin of the Adoption painting
Tamara de Lempicka Self Portrait in Green Bugatti painting
What about Alec and Alonzo?"
"Oh, I told them at Christmas that I never could marry either of them. It seems so funny now to remember that I ever thought it possible that I might. They felt so badly I just cried over both of them -- howled. But I knew there was only one man in the world I could ever marry. I had made up my own mind for once and it was real easy, too. It's very delightful to feel so sure, and know it's your own sureness and not somebody else's."
"Do you suppose you'll be able to keep it up?"
"Making up my mind, you mean? I don't know, but Jo has given me a splendid rule. He says, when I'm perplexed, just to do what I would wish I had done when I shall be eighty. Anyhow, Jo can make up his mind quickly enough, and it would be uncomfortable to have too much mind in the same house."
"What will your father and mother say?"
"Father won't say much. He thinks everything I do right. But mother WILL talk

No comments: