Friday, June 20, 2008

Thomas Kinkade Sunday Outing painting

Thomas Kinkade Sunday Outing painting
Thomas Kinkade Sunday at Apple Hill painting

"One evening, shortly after my arrival, we were sitting over a glass of port after dinner, when young Trevor began to talk about those habits of observation and inference which I had already formed into a system, although I had not yet appreciated the part which they were to play in my life. The old man evidently thought that his son was exaggerating in his description of one or two trivial feats which I had performed.
""Come, now, Mr. Holmes," said he, laughing good-humouredly. "I'm an excellent subject, if you can deduce anything from me."
""I fear there is not very much," I answered. "I might suggest that you have gone about in fear of some personal attack within the last twelvemonth."
"The laugh faded from his lips, and he stared at me in great surprise.
""Well, that's true enough," said he. "You know, Victor," turning to his son, `when we broke up that poaching gang they swore to knife us, and Sir Edward Holly has actually

No comments: