Tuesday, May 13, 2008

monet painting

monet painting
Is Frederic Larsan in his room?" I asked, pointing to the partition.
"No," my friend answered. "He went to Paris this morning, - still on the scent of Darzac, who also left for Paris. That matter will turn out badly. I expect that Monsieur Darzac will be arrested in the course of the next week. The worst of it is that everything seems to be in league against him, - circumstances, things, people. Not an hour passes without bringing some new evidence against him. The examining magistrate is overwhelmed by it - and blind."
"Frederic Larsan, however, is not a novice," I said.
"I thought so," said Rouletabile, with a slightly contemptuous turn of his lips, "I fancied he was a much abler man. I had, indeed, a great admiration for him, before I got to know his method of working. It's deplorable. He owes his reputation solely to his ability; but he lacks reasoning power, - the mathematics of his ideas are very poor."

No comments: